Saturday, January 13, 2007

Useful Products

These are two items that have proven invaluable to me since my daughter's diagnosis with MCAD.

First is my new Timex watch that not only has three alarms on it (to time her medication) but also has a resettable countdown timer. Right now she has to eat every 3.5 hours so all I have to do is hit one button and it starts to countdown from 3 hours, 30 minutes. At any point she eats before then, I just hit stop then reset and it reverts back to the preset 3 hour 30 minute mark. Its not the most fashionable of watches, but it does everything I need it to, its waterproof and the alarm on it isn't overly loud. The one I have is pink but it comes in about 10 colors, including grey and black so you should be able to find at least one color you like. The official name of it is Timex Women's Ironman Triathlon Sleek 50/100 Watch #T5D601 is the model number for the pink one. I bought mine from
Amazon for $33 and it qualifies for the super saver free shipping.



Second is this great medication dispenser. (Note: My baby daughter is on Carnitor,
not all babies with MCAD are given this medication) She has to take it every 8 hours - this includes a 1:00am dosage/feeding so it made the most sense to us to purchase three of these.

We keep two filled at all times and the third is kept in rotation during the cleaning and drying. The best feature of it is that it comes with a cap/lid so if I have to bring it with me on the go, its contained and it doesn't spill. My local grocery store carries these in stock but I also found them at Amazon online. The official name is Oral Medication Syringe by Apothecary Products, Inc.

No comments: